Can A Conditional Green Card Holder File A Petition For Their Children? | US Immigration



Good morning. My name is Ifeoma Odunlami. I’m an immigration attorney from Odunlami Law Firm, where we fight for fellow immigrants and their American dream.

So today I want to talk about a question I’ve been getting quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. The question is, I’m a conditional green card holder and I would like to file for my child. Can I file for my child, even though I have a conditional green card and not a permanent green card? And the answer is yes, you can. So even though you have a conditional green card, you can begin the process of filing for your children. However, do remember that if you’re unable to remove your conditions for any reason that affects the petition that you filed while you’re a conditional green cardholder. And so if you have any questions or you need assistance removing the conditions from your green card or any other immigration issue you might have, which is family-based, please feel free to call my office, 973-993-1900.

This is Ifeoma Odunlami, I’m an immigration attorney and your advocate. My office is in New Jersey and we’re happy to serve clients from all 50 states. Take care.

Are you looking for immigration services or more information regarding your fiancé visa or marriage-based green card? We can help.

Contact the Odunlami Law Firm at 973-993-1900 or email us

If you need an employment visa, wish to immigrate, or want to help bring a family member to the United States, the Odunlami Law Firm can help. If you are facing deportation or removal for any reason, you need our help. You may contact the law office for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Areas of Immigration Law:

  • Naturalization (Citizenship) Application

  • Immigrant Relative Petitions

  • Fiancé Visa Applications

  • Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing

  • Criminal Consequences and Deportation Defense

  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Application

  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

  • Green Card Renewals

  • Temporary Work Visas

  • Temporary Protected Status

  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

  • Waivers

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive our FREE Immigration eBooks. 


Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney and get your case started today.
Scroll to Top
Skip to content